Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sanctuary or Prison

My Husband and I where in the middle of our usual pillow talk when I said " I am glad that you feel like at the end of the day you can escape the crazy world and come home" Then He said " I hope my sanctuary is not your prison." I laughed at first but then I thought about it. There are days when I do feel like I'm stuck! So I decided I need to find a way to make my home my own sanctuary as well. I often feel like as mothers we worry so much about our families happiness we forget to see how happy we are. I am so blessed with four children, a great husband and a town with so many loving people. I just need to make more of an effort to see what I already have!

On that note I am going to list 5 things I love about my life:
1. My family
2. My faith
3. My hair (superficial I know but I need to love it before it goes gray)
4. My husbands job (It keeps him busy and me fascinated)
5. Good food

So before you feel like you are in a prison day by day count your blessing and you will find that your sanctuary has been there all along!

1 comment:

Sarah Jackson said...

How true! It's easy to get caught up in the humdrum and feel trapped, forgetting the bigger things that are actually very liberating! Funny comment from the hubster! Thanks for sharing.